Monday, July 14, 2014

Belvoir.. overlooking the Jordan Valley



Above It

This is my first entry in my new blog and I am resolved to begin it with a new approach.   Somewhere in the middle to this hot summer in Israel with its kidnappings, murders,rockets and misery I feel like I have crossed a line.   It is a good line to cross. I hope that I will have the wisdom to stay on this side of it.  A certain lightness has come over my heart and I can breathe without fear of suffocation, as I stand up a little taller on Godś precious Galilean Hills.   I know that He has set me and His little nation of Israel above the opinions of the world.

There is one opinion that matters; the opinion of the God of Heaven who is the God of Israel.   Last night I watched a full moon rise over the Golan Heights and hang in splendid luminosity over the Jordan Valley.  The heavens were full of His glory and the earth below my feet was full of His faithfulness.   There were the twinkling lights of Afikim, Beit Zera, Ashdod Yaacov, Shaar HaGolan and dozens of other settlements and towns.  God brought his Jewish people from all over the world and planted them  in this land, just like He said He would.  

With sweeping certainty I knew as I stood there last night that I am blessed beyond all measure to be a witness  to His faithfullness.   ¨Thus says the Lord, who gives the sun for a light by day, the ordinances of the moon and the stars for a light by night, who disturbs the sea, and its waves roar (The Lord of Hosts is His name.)  If those ordinances depart from before Me, says the Lord, then the seed of Israel shall also cease from being a nation before Me forever."Thus says the Lord;  ¨If heaven above can be measured, and the foundation of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, says the Lord.¨ Jermiah 31:35



Foolish men full of hatred and their foolish words will never prevail over this God.  He sits in his heaven and laughs (Psalm 2)  so it is right that today I should live above it all as His child, look up at Him and rejoice!

Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle- my lovingkindness and my fortress, my hightower and my deliverer, my shield and the one in whom I take refuge, who subdues the peoples under me.  Psalm 144:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment