Thursday, July 24, 2014

On the Right Side

I just celebrated my 56th birthday.   In the middle of all the lovely cards, telephone calls and gifts, my eldest son, a soldier in Golani, called to say that he was being sent to Gaza.   Now, my son is not a combat soldier, but even so I suddenly had a large, bitter taste of what it is to be an Israeli parent right now.   I also had a sudden flashback to my childhood when I was a little girl, eight or nine years old.  My father was obsessed with end times and would often say to me.  "Ohhh I wouldn't want to be in Israel in the last days.  The whole world is coming against Israel then, you know."

I had a Bible of my own and I had read quite a bit by that age, and I remember thinking, "Yes, but God is going to be with Israel.  When that happens I want to be in Israel."

Well, I think God must have put that in my heart.  Certainly He heard it and here I am.  When I think about this, I can say with the utmost gratitude, "Thank you, dear Lord, I am right where I want to be.  I am on Your side in Israel" I really do believe we are in the last days.  I am glad I have a son in the Israeli army going to Gaza because if he wasn't, he very well might be on the other side....the side that opposes God.  My son has given his life to Jesus.  He is filled with the Holy Spirit.  When he was sworn into the Israeli army, like all the other soldiers,  he was given a Bible and a gun.  The motto of his unit is a scripture from the Bible....it is on all the unit flags.   He has been sent to help fight a war and this is his position....on God's side.

Who is on the other side of this war? Who is it that my son and the other Israeli  soldiers are fighting?  They are fighting persons who have given everything they posses for the purpose of killing the Israeli soldier's gray headed mothers and father , their sisters and brothers their wives and their babies.      This enemy is a nation of persons who don't spend their money on homes, businesses, hospitals, education and things to build up their nation and help their families.   They spend their money on guns,ammunition, bombs, missiles, cement for terror tunnels, and other things they can use for the purpose of killing  every Jewish man, woman and child in Israel.    They raise their children to be like them.

We have had well over a hundred soldiers wounded in this battle so far and some of them have been released from the hospital and have come home  with tales that would curl your hair.   Terrorist dressed as women; little children sent out into the streets with guns and orders to fire at the soldiers.   One soldier said, "I had a terrorist charge me with a gun blazing in one hand and a baby in his other arm."

Do you know who is to blame for this? The international community and Israel.   If everyone refused to be manipulated by this evil,  the terrorist  wouldn't be hiding behind women and children or deliberately getting them killed as a battle tactic.  

I have not forgotten what triggered this war.  Terrorist kidnapped and murdered 3 teenage school boys on their way home from school.  I have not forgotten what the mother of one of the kidnappers and murderers said about her son, "If he did this I will praise him to my dying day."   I have not forgotten all the three fingered salutes and gloating over this brutal crime.  I have not forgotten that the murders are still at large and most probably in Gaza.  I have not forgotten how a few years ago they danced on their house tops, passed out candy and cheered while the twin towers in New York burned and crumbled and thousands died.  This is what they do every time they succeed to kill someone or do something evil.  They rejoice in murder.  I have not forgotten....and neither will my God.

I really do think there must be  some innocent civilians in Gaza....but there aren't very many of them and they have to keep the truth about themselves secret. If they don't Hamas and it's Muslim affiliates will quickly and brutally kill them.  May God be merciful to them and get them into a place where they can be rescued by the IDF and gotten out of Gaza.


The Bible says, "He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the just, both of them alike are an abomination to the Lord." Pro 17:15

By this standard, the God of Israel's standard,  the US and the UN are an abomination to the Lord God of Israel.   So is everyone who justifies what the Palestinians or any other terror group is doing and or aids them in their evil works.   It doesn't need to be said, but I'll say it anyway.  If you are an abomination to the Lord, you are on the wrong side.


 The Muslims, and atheist are going to have a huge shock when the Messiah of Israel shows up.   Unfortunately most Christians are in for as huge a shock as well.  The first time Jesus came to earth He came to redeem us from sin, and ourselves by dying in our place. When He comes back He will be coming with vengeance to slay the wicked and set up His kingdom.   I don't expect he will have much tolerance for a modern church that has decided  He loves homosexuals  and hates Jews, among other heretical things.

I don't know what will happen in Gaza, today or tomorrow.  But I know that it is the God of Israel, ultimately, who prevail and it is His words that are important.  I'm going to listen to Him and I am going to repeat what He says.

"But you, Israel, are My servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the descendants of Abraham, My friend.  You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest regions, and said to you, "You are My servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away;  Fear not, for I am with  you; be not dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.   

Behold, all those who strive with you shall perish.  You shall seek them and not find them-  Those who contended with you, those who war against you shall be as nothing, as a nonexistent thing.  For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you.

Fear not, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel|!  I will help you," says the Lord and your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.   "Behold, I will make you into a new threshing sledge with sharp teeth;  you shall thresh the mountains and beat them small, and make the hills like chaff.  You shall winnow them, the wind shall carry them away, and the whirlwind shall scatter them; you shall rejoice in the Lord, and glory in the Holy One of Israel."    Is.41:8-16







  


No comments:

Post a Comment